April 26, 2011 in Announcements
The FWSA is pleased to announce a new initiative in search for original and exciting cover illustrations for its biannual newsletter. We encourage artists, photographers and illustrators to submit a piece of their work for consideration as a cover image. Images should be – in the broadest possible sense – inspired by or relatable to the topics of women, gender and/or feminism. Artists whose work is selected for our newsletter cover will receive a feature in the form of an interview and/or prose piece in the same issue as well as a free copy of the newsletter. Please see below and attached for detailed submission guidelines and a submission form.
The FWSA Newsletter is a biannual publication with a readership of nearly 300 national and international subscribers from a wide range of disciplines and interest areas related to women, gender and feminism. In addition, the newsletter is distributed at a variety of conferences and locations relevant to FWSA’s remit. The newsletter is published in January and July.
Submissions can be made throughout the year, but must fulfil the following requirements. If you have any questions about the scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for guidelines.
1. Work submitted must be accompanied by the entry form. Click here to download the form.
2. Images must be the original work of the artist(s) submitting the entry.
3. Image must not have been published or be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
4. Any one artist or team of collaborating artists may submit no more than two images in any one calendar year.
5. Images must be suitable (in size and quality) for publication on an A4 cover page.
6. Submissions must be made in electronic format as a pdf file.
7. Artist(s) submitting images must be available and agree to provide information on themselves and their work for a feature in the FWSA newsletter if their work is accepted.
8. Images must be inspired by or relatable to the topics of feminist, women’s and/or gender studies. We suggest artists who are considering a submission request a free electronic copy of a previous newsletter from the FWSA administrator (email@example.com) in order to get a better idea of the FWSA’s remit and the newsletter’s focus.
9. Acceptance and rejection of images is entirely at the digression of the FWSA Newsletter editor.
10. Images accepted will be used for the next possible issue (be this the next or a later one).
11. The FWSA reserves the right to distribute newsletter issues for publicity purposes as its committee members see fit.